Frequently Asked Questions
No matter your current level of understanding,
our team is devoted to empowering our clients through education
Solar energy is energy generated from the sun. It may be in the form of passive solar, which involves capturing the heat from the sun, or photovoltaic solar, which uses light from the sun to generate electric energy.
A solar system consists of the following components:
- Solar Panels which absorb the sunshine and convert it into DC electricity
- Inverter which converts the DC power into AC power so that it can be used in your home.
There are different types of inverters; grid connected inverter, a micro inverter (multiple smaller inverters attached at panel level) or a hybrid inverter (connected to a battery).
- Optimiser – The latest technology systems that utilise an optimiser on each panel allow the system to isolate individual panels to reduce the effects of issues such as shading.
- Cabling and mounting equipment
There are numerous reasons why we are the No1 on the Gold Coast for all solar and battery solutions. Installing for over 15 years, our mission is to educate, advise and deliver premium renewable energy products and services that enable people to own their power and take advantage of a new era in home power management. ESC is accredited with the Clean Energy Council who are the peak governing body for the clean energy industry in Australia, ensuring the quality, safety and reliability of the solar industry, therefore you know you are safe with us. We also have a one-of-a-kind showroom and education centre in Nerang where we educate our clients, offer advanced assessments and design as well as showcase many of our top tier products.
This usually refers to a large grid-connected system that differs from residential systems, in terms of size, complexity and functionality. Strict measures for the protection of the grid are mandatory and our expert commercial team formulate an in-depth proposal for you after an on-site assessment of your commercial space. Your energy system will be based on power consumption, location, business structure and operational times while also projecting future needs and your business objectives.
For further information see our Commercial page.
The amount your power bills will reduce by going solar depends on a number of factors, including:
- Your energy consumption and the size of your solar energy system – if you use more power than your system is capable of producing, your savings will be less. It’s important to choose the right-sized system for your needs.
- Your feed-in tariff – this is the amount your electricity retailer pays you for any excess power your solar panels generate.
- Your usage patterns – solar panels can only generate electricity while the sun is shining. This means that households that use a lot of power during the day may attract greater savings than those that consume most of their power at night. However, you will still receive a feed-in tariff for any excess electricity you generate during the day. Where you live – some areas of Australia receive a lot more sunlight than others.
A solar energy system is custom sized to your individual property. Many factors must be considered when deciding on the correct size and design for your system. For example, the size of your roof area, your electricity usage and your expectations from the solar system are vital in deciding the right system for you.
We encourage those who need more guidance to book in to have one of our experts take you through The ESC Experience, where we will create custom designs for you with multiple revisions, conduct a thorough site inspection, take you through an education session in our showroom to ensure you receive not only the correct product and price information but also set your expectations accordingly. Visit The ESC Experience Page for more details.
Yes. Shading definitely affects the output of the entire string to be reduced to virtually zero for as long as the shadow sits there. Depending on the type of system installed, shading on a single cell could reduce the output of the panel and in turn the entire string.
There are solutions to shading, however. SolarEdge DC Optimisers will increase the energy output from PV systems by constantly tracking the maximum power point of each module individually achieving the optimal output.
Enphase Micro-Inverters operate independently, so each panel performs to its fullest. One shaded or dirty panel won't affect the rest of the system. See our Inverters page for more information.
This is a great question as there are many fly-by-the-night solar companies out there which makes it hard to know who to trust. There are a number of reasons to feel confident in choosing ESC.
We have been installing quality systems since 2005, we are an accredited member of the Clean Energy Council who is Australia’s peak body for the clean energy industry in Australia.
We partner with only the best manufacturers in the business and believe in educating our clients so that they truly understand their investment.
Energy Solution Centre offers a 10-year installation warranty on top of the product warranties, and our focus is on quality, longevity and exceptional customer service. Discover more about The ESC Advantage here.
Get in Touch
- The ESC Experience
- Products & Packages
- Battery Solutions
- Off Grid
- EV Charging Solutions – #1 Ultimate Buyers Guide
- Is A Home Solar Battery Worth It
- Tesla Powerwall 2 Price – QLD Buyers Guide
- Energising your Life and EV with Gold Coast Solar
- The Search for the Best Solar Company Gold Coast
- Why Investing in Solar Gold Coast Makes Sense
- The ESC Customer Experience vs Gold Coast Solar Companies
- Australia’s Energy Supply & How It Impacts Solar Battery Gold Coast?
- Contact Us
Keep in Touch